2010/02/15

Whip-cracker

Hello Internets. My name is Casey Ontiveros. I've been asked by Chet and Richard to beat them with The Dirty Tampon of Creativity™. It's to help sharpen them into a fine comic-making machine. A machine that produces stories. They might not be your cup of tea, but I can guarantee you they will be different. It will make you understand that comics can be anything.

I've know Chet and Richard for nearly 7 years now through various message boards. Always with this weird assumption that one day, these two are going to get to tell the stories that have been buzzing in their heads. You can see it buzzing in every line that gets laid down. The one thing that is proof positive about these two is that they are insane. Insanely talented. Look below for what they've done in the past. They will both try new things and mash genres together to form something that is both wonderful is grotesque. It's their lot in life.

Don't let them know that I think that well of them, they may reconsider me helping them out.

They don't like to admit to it, but the ideas that can sprout out of their heads are wonderful(Chet hasn't given me anything yet to look over, but I've known some of the idea ideas that he's had and they're good). But there is something that is a bit of a miss with them and that's why I'm here. To get their asses to move forward. Soon I'll be getting their phone numbers and calling at obscene hours to see where they are at with their stories.

I don't fear reprisal, I have a sister who gives nightmares to pageant mothers and professional leg breakers. I just want to see new stories that there two are going to create. Getting yelled out and threatened with bodily harm with a broken whiskey bottle comes with the job.

This new job is a boon and a bane. You see the story develop as a free form thought being molded into something tangible. That's a beautiful thing. The bane is that I can't tell everything I see about these stories until Chet and Richard are ready to release a chapter.

Seriously, it's a bummer.

I'll be smacking these two into shape over the next few weeks and trying to get the updates running on a more regular basis.

Richard:

Chet:

No comments:

Post a Comment